- Shut the door before you go out.
- You may begin when(ever) you are ready.
- While he was walking home, he saw an accident.
- By the time I arrive, Alex will have left.
- No sooner had she entered than he gave an order.
- They sat down wherever they could find empty seats
- The guard stood where he was positioned.
- Where there is a will, there is a way.
- Where there is poverty, there we find discontent and unrest.
- Go where you like.
- As the time you were sleeping, we were working hard.
- Mary wanted to stop, whereas I wanted to go on.
- Although it is late, we'll stay a little longer.
- He is very friendly, even if he is a clever student.
- He did as I told him.
- You may finish it how you like.
- They may beat us again, like they did in 1978.
- They went to the movie early (in order) to find the best seats.
- She bought a book so (that) she could learn English
- He is saving his money so that he may take a long vacation.
- I am working night and day in the hope that I can finish this book soon.
- Ryan ran so fast that he broke the previous speed record.
- It was so cold yesterday that I didn't want to swim.
- The soup tastes so good that everyone will ask for more.
- The student had behaved so badly that he was dismissed from the class.
- The Smiths had so many children that they formed their own baseball team.
- I had so few job offers that it wasn't difficult to select one.
- He has invested so much money in the project that he cannot abandon it now.
- The grass received so little water that it turned brown in the heat.
- It was such a hot day that we decided to stay indoors. ATAU It was so hot a day that we decided to stay indoors.
- It was such an interesting book that he couldn't put it down. ATAU It was so interesting a book that he couldn't put it down.
- She has such exceptional abilities that everyone is jealous of her.
- They are such beautiful pictures that everybody will want one.
- Perry has had such bad luck that he's decided not to gamble.
- This is such difficult homework that I will never finish it.
- Because of the cold weather, we stayed home. (=We stayed home because of the cold weather)
- Due to the cold weather, we stayed home. (=We stayed home due to the cold weather)
- Due to the fact that the weather was cold, we stayed home. (=We stayed home due to the fact that the weather was cold)
- Because he was sleepy, he went to bed.
- Since he's not interested in classical music, he decided not to go to the concert.
- As she had nothing in particular to do, she called up a friend and asked her if she wanted to take in a movie.
- Inasmuch as the two government leaders could not reach an agreement, the possibilities for peace are still remote.
- Alex failed the test because he didn't study.
- Alex didn't study. Therefore, he failed the test.
- Alex didn't study. Consequently, he failed the test.
- While I was sitting in class, I fell asleep MENJADI While sitting in class, I fell asleep.
- While Ann was sitting in class, she fell asleep MENJADI While sitting in class, Ann fell asleep.
- Since Mary came to this country, she has made many friends MENJADI Since coming to this country, Mary has made many friends.
- While the teacher was lecturing to the class, I fell asleep.
- While we were walking home, a frog hopped across the road in front of us.
- If I see him, I will invite him to the party tomorrow.
- She would forgive her husband everything, if only he would come back to her.
- Suppose (that) your house burns down, do you have enough insurance to cover such a loss.
- In case a robbery occurs in the hotel, the management must be notified at once.
- The company will agree to arbitration on condition (that) the strike is called off at once.
- We should be able to do the job for you quickly, provided (that) you give us all the necessary information.
C. Jenis-Jenis Adverb Clause
1. Adverb Clause of Reanson
Adalah : sebuah anak kalimat yang digunakan untuk menunjukkan sebab atau alasan. Adverb clause of reason di awali dengan konjungsi (penghubungnya) adalah : as/ since/ because/ whereas/ on the ground that.
- Is I love you, I can do anything for you.
- Since she has a desire to marry, she discontinued her studing.
- I stopped the work because I was tired.
- Whereas I came late, My father punishet me.
- His teacher punishet him on the grand that, he came late.
2. Adverb Clause of Result
Adalah : sebuah anak kalimat yang digunakan untuk menunjukkan hasil perbuatan atau akibat. Adverb clause of result di awali dengan konjungsi so that, so + adjective + that, so + adverb + that, so.
- Nadhavi was so beautiful that I loved her at first sight.
- He studies so hard that many studienst like him.
3. Adverb Clause of Condition
Adalah : sebuah anak kalimat yang digunakan untuk menunjukkan kondisi. Adverb clause of condition di awali dengan konjungsi if/ unless/ whether/ provided that and so long as.
- If you help me, I shall be happy.
- Unless you tell her about your love, she won’t know it
- You must do this wheter, you like it or not
- I ean help you provide that you must follow my advice
- So long as you work hard, you have no problem with me
4. Adverb Clause of Contrast
Adverb Clause of Contrast adalah sebuah anak kalimat yang menerangkan bertentangan. Adverb Clause of Contrast diawali dengan konjungsi: although, eventh ough, though, whet eyer, no matter, however much, not with standing that.
a. I still no money although I worked hard
b. Eventhough hehates me, he lend me the bock
c. Though he is rice, he never give me the money
d. Whatever he has done, he is your father
e. No mather what she sald, I still love her
f. She will never succed however much he may try
g. He was not refreshed not with standing that he had spent 2 weeks leave.